Sunday, May 3, 2009

What I did today...

I dusted off the old sewing machine today and it felt good! I really need to make time for some projects and try to get creative again. It was a cold and rainy afternoon and Evan and I were home alone so I decided to try something and it turned out great. If you know me, you know I am a HUGE Halo Sleep Sack fan. Evan outgrew his and I've been lazy about getting a replacement because I would have to order one online. Since the past few nights have been chilly I decided to find one today. I am too nervous to let him sleep with a big blanket all night, plus I figure he'd probably kick it off and be cold anyway. Well, I was poking around on etsy and got a better idea. I made Evan a sleeping bag! I refuse to learn to put in a zipper so I made an actual sleeping bag out of some fleece I've had lying around for a long time. I thought he might wiggle out of it in the night so I put elastic in the top part that goes under his arms. I am really happy with how it turned out. I took a few pictures before he went to bed. He seems pretty pleased with it!






Ok, I just snuck in and took a picture, it's staying on for sure! Yay!


2 comments:

  1. okay, that's stinkin' cute and I love how Evan has his arms folded behind his head. so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that funny? Little K does it too, just like their daddy, shocker.

    Making that thing made me want to bust out with some sewing. Maybe after the stomach bug leaves our house I can do so.

    ReplyDelete